Back to School?

Since the end of the last school year was unusual, and the summer was not what we are accustomed to, I thought that our traditional back to school sundaes should be a little unusual as well.  And so, I attempted to make fried ice cream. I'll need to work on the technique - I think larger ice cream balls might be the key.

Of course I made hot fudge (a staple!) but also made pineapple topping (not found in Juneau stores!).
YUM!
I pulled the kids away from their sundaes for this line-up, I mean last day of summer photo. Hot fudge faces are a bonus.
The next morning it was Back to School from various locations in our house. We tried to get a picture overlooking the Channel like last year, but the fog was too heavy and the lighting was off. The front yard, while wet, had better results.




Alex and Zachary log in to each of their classes throughout the day. There is typically a lesson and then they are released from the class to finish the assignments. Mady works on assignments in the morning and then has a couple hours of instruction via Zoom in the afternoon. We are all still getting the hang of it and improving the work spaces. It is crazy, but so far it seems to be going OK. Hopefully the school buildings can open part time next quarter!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hockey

Welcome to the North

SHC Episode 2